The mission of TEDxGainesville is to inspire courageous conversations that open minds and transform the Greater Gainesville community. Participants will have the opportunity to be immersed in both live and video presentations, and to participate in facilitated discussion sessions that will take place in open social spaces. Live presentations will consist of some of the most inspirational speakers and performers from the Gainesville area.
Click Here to Visit our official TEDx Event Page
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
We are looking for ideas that
- inspire and invite conversations
- challenge our conceptions of what is possible
- expose us to cutting edge ideas and solutions
- reflect new voices that may not have been heard before
- represent diverse speakers by demographic, ethnicity, background and/or topic
We will reject ideas that
- vague or underdeveloped or unsupported by data
- purely motivation or personal in nature
- already ubiquitous
- are motivated by or seek to promote corporate, political, or religious agendas
Interested? We invite you to apply as a speaker or performer. Applications will be accepted through Friday, December 14, 2018. Please follow the link to the survey below.